- Mental Health Speaker Series in March and April (2020)
Connections is hosting a free series on mental health education. The series runs on Thurs. evenings, March 12-April 23, 5:30-6:30 p.m., at the Health District offices, 120 Bristlecone Drive, in north Fort Collins.
- Thurs., March 12 -- Chronic pain, presented by Vickie Gerber, LPC, CACII, ADS
- Thurs., March 26 -- Intimate partner abuse, presented by Cyndy Rehberg, LPC
- Thurs., April 2 -- Female sexuality and well-being (note: mature content), presented by Dori Lewis, EdM, LPC
- Thurs., April 9 -- Substance use: alcohol, presented by Danielle Willis, LCSW, LAC
- Thurs., April 16 -- Grief and loss, presented by Tammy Brennan-Smith, LCSW and Danielle Rifkin, LPC
- Thurs., April 23 -- Anxiety, presented by John G. Rowe, LCSW
Participants are welcome to attend one session or the whole series. There is no charge, but reservations are required. Dinner is provided. For more information or to reserve a space, contact Emily at 970-530-2883 or email@example.com. For more information about the Connections program, go to the Health District website.
- Expanded Cholesterol Testing for Health District Residents (Feb. 2020)
In recognition of American Heart Month in February, the Health District of Northern Larimer County is offering expanded dates and locations for cholesterol testing.
These appointments provide an opportunity to learn about your heart-disease risk and to get suggestions on how to lead a heart-healthy life. A fingerstick blood test is used to obtain results for total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, and blood glucose. During each 25-minute appointment, a registered nurse will run the cholesterol test and will also check blood pressure and provide health education materials.
A list of screening dates and locations is available at www.healthdistrict.org/heart or by calling the Health District at 970-224-5209. Appointments are required; reserve your spot now!
Testing is free for Health District residents; for those who live outside district boundaries, the cost is $15. The district covers the northern two-thirds of Larimer County and includes Fort Collins, Timnath, LaPorte, Bellvue, Wellington, and Red Feather Lakes.
- Winter Bike to Work Day on Wed., Dec. 11 (2019)
On Wednesday, Dec. 11, hop on your bike and celebrate Winter Bike to Work Day! People who ride their bike (or other non-motorized form of transport) can stop at free breakfast stations located throughout Fort Collins. The event encourages people to bicycle for transportation; highlights Fort Collins' extensive bike routes; and demonstrates that bicycling is an easy, fun, and healthy means of traveling around the city.
Come visit any of the breakfast stations from 7:00 to 9:30am, offering coffee and a variety of free breakfast foods, quick bike maintenance, and more. For more information, visit the city's Bike Winter webpage.
- Open Enrollment for Health Insurance Continues Until Jan. 15, 2020
The open enrollment period to sign up for health insurance through the Connect for Health Colorado Marketplace begins Nov. 1 and runs through Jan. 15. For those who are eligible, plans from the Marketplace offer financial assistance that reduces the cost of premiums, copays, and coinsurance. For example, financial assistance is available for an individual making up to $49,960 per year, or a family of four making up to $100,300.
Larimer Health Connect, a service of the Health District of Northern Larimer County, can make open enrollment easier by offering free and unbiased in-person assistance to help Larimer County residents learn about health insurance options, apply for financial assistance, and enroll in the plan of their choice for 2020. Larimer Health Connect will have extended hours during the week and walk-in (no appointment required) enrollment events on Saturdays.
Larimer Health Connect also can help qualifying people sign up for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) or Child Health Plan Plus, both of which allow year-round enrollment.
During open enrollment, Larimer Health Connect is open 8am-5pm, M,W,F, and 8am-8pm T,Th. Walk-in service is available Saturdays, 9am-2pm, through Jan. 11. Appointments are available at 144 N. Mason St., Unit 7, Fort Collins, as well as in Loveland. More information and appointments are available at 970-472-0444, or larimerhealthconnect.org.
The Health District is a public agency that provides residents of northern Larimer County with dental, mental health, preventive health, and advance care planning services, in addition to connecting people to more affordable health insurance and prescription options.
- Community Diabetes Update on Nov. 2, 2019
Please join us on Sat., Nov. 2, for the Community Diabetes Update. This event is for those with diabetes and the people who care for them. Presentations include
- Get to the heart of the matter with diabetes and heart disease, with Dr. C. Patrick Green, UCHealth cardiologist;
- Put one foot in front of the other, with Meghan Willis, UCHealth exercise physiologist; and
- Ask the experts, with panelists including an endocrinologist, podiatrist, and registered dietitian.
At PVH Cafe F, 1024 S. Lemay Ave., Fort Collins. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. and the event runs 8:00 a.m. to noon. Cost is $15, which covers one person and a guest. Registration is required by calling 970-495-8205.
page 1 |
page 2 |
page 3 |
page 4 |
page 5 |
page 6 |
page 7 |