- SummitStone Health Partners Walk-in Crisis Services (Aug. 2015)
SummitStone Health Partners has expanded their 24-hour mental health and addiction crisis services. 24/7/365 walk-in and mobile crisis response are available at 1217 Riverside Ave., Fort Collins. In fall 2015, a short-term residential unit will be available as well. For more information about these services, go to the SummitStone Health Partners website.
If you or anybody you know feels they are in mental health crisis, please do not hesitate to contact us. Walk-in and mobile services are free of charge. To access mental health crisis support services, call 970-494-4200 (SummitStone Health Partners) or Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners at 1-844-493-TALK (8255). However, in a life-threatening emergency that requires medical care, call 911 or go to the emergency room.
- Give Kids a Smile Day on Feb. 6 (2015)
Give Kids a Smile Day is a day of free education and dental treatment for kids that's organized by the Colorado Dental Association every February.
To qualify for an appointment, your child/family must meet ALL 5 of the following criteria.
1. The child needing an appointment must be 17 years old or younger.
2. Your family must be low income and unable to afford dental care.
3. Your child must have no dental insurance or CHP+ coverage.
4. You must have transportation to get to the appointment.
5. You must be able to be at your appointment on time.
If you meet the 5 requirements, we welcome you to participate in Give Kids a Smile Day. Appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis. No walk-ins. When you call to make an appointment, please say that you are "calling to make an appointment for Give Kids a Smile Day."
In Loveland, appointments are available at:
Ross Family Dentistry
1907 Boise Ave., Suite 5
For other Give Kids a Smile locations in Colorado, go to the Colorado Dental Association website.
- Health District Board Gives Final Approval to Amended Operating Lease With PVHS (March 2012)
The board of directors of the Health District of Northern Larimer County voted to give final approval to amendments to the operating lease under which Poudre Valley Health System (PVHS) operates the Health District-owned Poudre Valley Hospital. The board's action was in response to a request by PVHS for changes required to enable a joint operating agreement under which PVHS and University of Colorado Hospital have combined to create a new regional health system, University of Colorado Health.
The Health District leases Poudre Valley Hospital and certain other assets to PVHS, which has operated them under terms of a 50-year operating lease signed by the two organizations in 1994. The amendments to the current operating lease, which are contained in an Operating Lease Amendment and Consent Agreement, were approved by the Health District board following a period for public comment and a public hearing held Feb. 16.
The terms of the Operating Lease Amendment and Consent Agreement provide for:
an extension of the term of the operating lease by 18 years, from 2044 to 2062;
- commitments by the new health system and PVHS to continue providing adequate levels of high quality healthcare services to the local community (including to those unable to afford the full cost of care) through local hospitals and other facilities;
- flexibility for the new health system to seek future financing on more favorable terms, including to provide for capital needs of PVHS; and
- an adjustment of the present lease payment that was originally established in 1994.
The Health District board determined that these changes were in the best interests of the local community and that the proposal by PVHS to join with UCH in a larger, regional health system will better position the PVHS system for future success amid looming changes that will have major effects on the
The Health District is a public agency that provides dental, mental health, prescription assistance and health promotion services to the residents of northern Larimer County, in addition to its duties with respect to PVHS.
page 1 |
page 2 |
page 3 |
page 4 |
page 5 |
page 6 |
page 7 |
page 8 |
page 9 |