The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, or DORA, works to preserve the integrity of the marketplace and to promote a fair and competitive business environment in Colorado. Consumer protection is DORA's primary mission. To this end, DORA provides a wealth of consumer resources online, including the ability to look up providers in various professions to verify that they have a current license. In the health professions, this includes physicians, chiropractors, dentists, counselors and others.
The DORA website also lists consumer tips, including how to avoid common scams, and helpful information such as how to contact the citizen advocate, how to file an official complaint about a business or professional, and much more.
Source: Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
Note: This definition was prepared to help consumers find reliable health resources on the web. This site is not responsible for the information on other sites. The information here — and on all websites — is not intended to be a substitute for care given to you by a health professional.
- As described above, this is the website of Colorado's top consumer-protection group.
- Physician Profile Lookup
- This is one of the more popular health-related tools on the DORA website, which allows you to look up a physician for details about board certification, whether the individual's license is up to date and other helpful information.
- Verify a Professional's License
- In addition to looking up physicians, you can find information about other types of healthcare professionals, including massage therapists, chiropractors, physical therapists and optometrists. Use this tool to verify whether a healthcare provider has a current license in Colorado and to find information about any disciplinary action that has been taken against an individual.
- Health Facilities Division, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- This state agency regulates healthcare entities in the state of Colorado by ensuring that they comply with applicable health and safety standards. Licensed facilities must be in compliance with state licensure standards. This site includes a facility lookup tool and inspection reports.