Looking for health and healthcare statistics at the local, state and national level? This collection of web links will help you find the health data you're looking for. Great for researchers, grant writers, students and the curious.
Fort Collins and Larimer County
- Larimer Health Tracker, Larimer County Health Department
- A report on the well-being and quality of life in Larimer County, with links that include statistics on growth, housing, transportation, physical and mental health, crime and safety, economy and education. For archives of the previous Compass data, go to http://www.co.larimer.co.us/compass/.
- Community Health Assessment, Health District of Northern Larimer County
- Every three years, the Health District conducts a Community Health Assessment to measure northern Larimer County's health by asking questions about health risk factors, mental health, health insurance, preventive screening tests, healthcare access and other issues.
- Health Resources, Colorado Coalition for the Medically Underserved
- The CCMU has a variety of resources, including working papers and data on the insurance status of Coloradans by age, income, work status and race/ethnicity; sources of insurance coverage; employer-based contributions and costs; personal and state healthcare expenditures; access to care; individual health status indicators; and health workforce and hospital statistics.
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The BRFSS is the largest telephone survey of health risks in the United States. Search by topic and state. Users may also search prevalence data by health topic, year and state.
- Health Statistics Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Search for a variety of health information by county, by topic, and by other factors.
- State Health Facts Online, Kaiser Family Foundation
- The latest state-level data on demographics, health, and health policy, including health coverage, access, financing and state legislation. Click on Colorado.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Data and statistics on Medicaid, Medicare, CHP+ and national healthcare indicators and expenditures.
- County Health Rankings in United States
- This collection of 50 reports — one per state — helps community leaders see that where we live, learn, work and play influences how healthy we are and how long we live. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is collaborating with the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute to develop these rankings for each state’s counties.
- FastStats A to Z, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Access to quick statistics on hundreds of health issues with links to more comprehensive data.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The weekly publication of disease morbidity and mortality from the CDC.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Data
- The latest national data on substance abuse and mental health from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Adminstration, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Wonder Database, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- A single point of access to a variety of CDC reports, guidelines and numeric public health data.